From: Balázs Grill [mailto:balazs.grill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:45 AM
To: Sphinx Developer discussions <sphinx-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Varnai, Balazs <Balazs_Varnai@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Model loading performance with large number of files

Hello Balazs,

It is a known problem, the current implementation of determining the scope of a proxy resolution scales linearly with the number of files in the workspace. Are the Viatra extensions enabled for your case (both in Sphinx and Artop)? It reduces the proxy resolution time, though the linear nature remains.

In theory you could disable automatic proxy resolution by overriding the load operation, but it may prove difficult to inject it into existing code base. Also, if done on a separate thread (in a job) it would still block the UI on the first model operation as an EMF transaction is implemented as an exclusive lock to the whole workspace model.

The optimal solution would be to resolve the root of the problem by reducing the effect of the number of files on proxy resolution. We had measurements about this problem before, I will look them up and contact you whether is there a possible solution.

Best regards,

Balázs Grill

Software Engineer and Automotive Expert

IncQuery Labs Ltd.