Re: [sparkplug-wg] Fwd: Sparkplug Working Group Participant Representatives Election - Nomination Phase Ends Soon

HiveMQ has upgraded our membership to a strategic member of the Sparkplug working group so we no longer qualify as a participant member. I do encourage the other participant members to put forward themselves for the nomination. It would be great to have the diversity of companies represented on the steering committee.

On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 7:23 PM Sharon Corbett <sharon.corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All:

Please note the nomination phase ends soon.

Please consider nominating or self nominating.

Best Regards,
Sharon

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sharon Corbett <sharon.corbett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, May 14, 2021 at 4:39 PM
Subject: Sparkplug Working Group Participant Representatives Election Announcement
To: <sparkplug-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The Sparkplug Working Group Charter identifies the various committees that drive the facets of the working group for which there are elected positions to be filled.

In the case of Sparkplug, the elected positions are for the Participant Members for which there is one seat to be elected for the Steering Committee and one seat for the Specification Committee. Note that Strategic Members each have a representative appointed to these committees.

Through this email, we are announcing the Eclipse Foundation will hold an election on behalf of the working group using the proposed timetable listed below. This mimics the process used by other working groups as well as the Eclipse Foundation itself for filling elected positions on our Board.

All members are encouraged to consider nominating someone from a Participant Member for the positions and self-nominations are more than welcome.  The Participant Members of the working group are:

Flow Software, Inc

HiveMQ GmbH

Intel Corporation

SignalFire Telemetry

The nomination period is now open and runs until May 21, 2021.

Nominations should be sent to this mailing list using the appropriate subject lines below:

Sparkplug Steering Committee - Participant Nomination

Sparkplug Specification Committee - Participant Nomination

Once nominations are closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates standing.  Typically, we encourage all candidates to provide a short bio including their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.

The winning candidate will be announced on this mailing list shortly after close of election.

Election Schedule:

Call for Nominations: May 14 - 21, 2021

Announce Candidates Standing:  May 25, 2021

Ballot Distribution (Election):  May 29 - June 3, 2021

Announce Participant Member Representatives:  June 4, 2021

The following positions will be filled as part of this election:

Steering Committee - One seat allocated to Participant Member

Specification Committee - One seat allocated to Participant Member

Please feel free to reach out if there are any questions.

Best Regards,

Sharon Corbett
Program Director, Working Group Operations
Eclipse Foundation