RE: [soa-iwg] ECF and SOA initiative

> In any event, this obviously isn't the SOA working group specific (i.e.
> the membership requirements are for all working groups as per the
> process doc), so it's a larger discussion (that unfortunately I and
> other committers probably won't be privy to...BTW).

Scott, the latter parenthetical statement is neither true, nor it is
representative of how governance works at Eclipse. These membership
requirements for the steering committees for industry working groups were
discussed and approved by the Board in 2008, including the Committer
Representatives. If you have any misgivings about the decision I would
recommend that you address them to your representatives on the Board.

I would also point out that being on or off of the steering committee in no
way prevents anyone from participating and providing "...good
input/work/ideas/code". Committer members may certainly _participate_ in
industry working groups. Craig Setera's participation[1] in Pulsar is a
great example of such.

It's also important to note that IWG's do not "code". All coding still
happens in projects following the normal development, governance and IP
processes.

/mike

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMIWG/MembersList

Back to the top