Re: [sisu-users] Sisu documentation

On 09/28/2012 08:26 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:

* Sisu relies on "import javax.inject" to determine which bundles to scan. That took a while for me to notice, because I defining a dependency to javax.inject rather than importing the package.
Yes, that's just to avoid scanning everything in the system (which end up being a lot of resources) - up to now the focus has been on the classic classpath case as used in Maven and Nexus which have been the primary consumers of Sisu, so the activator hasn't yet been tuned to look for the optional index file "META-INF/sisu/javax.inject.Named" which is another way to notify that a bundle contains components and a way to avoid eager classpath scanning (yet another item to be documented).

* What kills me currently is a missing dependency to javax.enterprise.inject.Typed, which appears to be required although being only marked as optional in the MANIFEST.MF of org.eclipse.sisu.inject. This causes a ClassNotFoundException somewhere in
We used to embed this in the bundle, so this wasn't noticed before (the Eclipse packaging is still being worked on, for example there's no feature yet) - you can deploy the cdi-api bundle from Eclipse/Orbit as a workaround.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the quick answers. Maybe somebody is interested: I've a working example here:

https://github.com/gkvas/tutorial.sisu

Cheers,

Gernot

Back to the top