From: servlet-dev <servlet-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mark Thomas via servlet-dev <servlet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2023 6:12 PM
To: servlet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <servlet-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [servlet-dev] Help needed as a beginner

Hi Jangyaseni,

There isn't much code in the Servlet API. Most of the code is in the
implementations and, as you will have seen, a lot of the discussion is
about how to specify the behavior of the API methods with the
implementation taking place in the containers that implement the spec.

The one area where there is a lot of code - and a lot of coding to do -
is the TCK. My suggestion would be pick a container (Jetty, Tomcat, etc
- whichever one you are familiar with) and look at setting up an
environment to run the TCK against that container. Then look at
extending the TCK to cover the changes made in Servlet 6.1 (see the
changelog in the spec document). I'm not aware we have made any updates
to the TCK for 6.1. yet.

Kind regards,

Mark