Re: [science-iwg] Triquetrum conf call : Thursday June 18th, 17:00 UTC/GMT ?

Good to know.

The core of ptII is BSD 3-clause.  Over the time, so other packages have crept in to the ptiny configuration, though they are not required to run a small version of ptolemy.

There are a couple of minor licensing issues that would need to be addressed.

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII10.0/copyright.htm lists the licenses and states:

The short answer is that the Ptiny configuration, run by running $PTII/bin/vergil -ptiny or by running the Mac OS X Ptiny.app or by running the Windows "vergil -ptiny" executable uses only the Ptolemy copyright above, AElfred, Audio, BrowserLauncher, Colt , ExtensionFileFilter, Matlab _expression_ Actor and Jython. Audio, Colt, Matlab _expression_ actor and Jython are all used by actors specific to those packages.
AElfred is not BSD-3, it has a somewhat custom license, see http://saxon.sourceforge.net/aelfred.html.  AElfred is used for parsing and would be hard to avoid.  The ptII repo includes a copy of AElfred.  This would be the biggest issue.

Audio, Colt, Matlab _expression_ actor and Jython are used by actors and not required at runtime and are not an issue.

BrowserLauncher is used to open a web browser and could be avoided - not an issue.

ExtensionFileFilter is trivial and could be avoided - not an issue.

I can see that http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII10.0/copyright.htm could use some fixing.  For example, the AElfred link got dropped.

So, that's one problem all but solved!

_Christopher