From: Matt.Gerring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Matt.Gerring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 July 2014 15:00
To: DAWN-DEV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DAWN-DEV] Dawn / SciSoft Licensing

Hi Jonah,

We would like to move DAWN to EPL however the current official license for DAWN is the same as all our scientific software, which is Apache 2. Some contributions have been made by non-Diamond employees as EPL and we have not changed the headers of these contributions (nor can we). There are also mistakes in some of the headers, as you point out.

A member of the Diamond legal team is reviewing this information and we will have a definitive answer for you on if DAWN can move to EPL next month. This solution would probably be the best because it would mean that we do not have to remove/change features from/in the product, such as workflows, which are EPL licensed and contributed externally.

Sincerely,

Matt