[riena-dev] Riena RCP touchscreen app challenge..

Hi guys,

I have some master requirements for one system module that I'm planing to implement using Riena (I think its features could help, as communications, security, client monitoring, p2 update and others). I would like to exchange some words, and maybe someone already had some experience in this subject and could help me measure the challenge ...

The module is a kind of desktop Point of Sale and It needs to:

- run in a full screen mode.
  -- * already tested with SWT.shell.setFullScreen that works properly...

- run in a touchscreen station (without a physical keyboard). because this I need some changes on default main interface: -- As I need to put big buttons on screen, probably I'll need to hide the module menu (perhaps as a fast view if possible);
   -- need to create a virtual keyboard;
-- Login display should show all registered employers with credentials to login and use the virtual keyboard to type the password.

- be able to work offline (if server, or network go down)...
 -- need to show the connection status on status bar
-- need to sync local data persisted on off-line mode when went on-line again

- need to integrate with JBPM and Rules server
-- user interface will change according to process and rules stages;

- need to access local devices as Printer and IR barcode reader

any tip will be welcome.

thanks

Cristiano

Back to the top