Antw: Re: [riena-dev] Various MANIFEST.MF contain wrong version infos

Hi,

I think you are right, since the default version is 0.0.0, meaning 'any version is allowed'.

Unfortunately maven does not like this kind of 'open version', I think I have to change my maven plugin. Nevertheless, I think it would be better for riena, if all dependencies are correct.

Besr regards,
Olaf

>>> Christian Campo <christian.campo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 15.05.2009 14:44 >>>
Hi,

if you click on properties for these plugin dependencies, these version (i.e. 1.0.0) show as Minimum version. The Maximum version is empty so I read this as 1.0.0 is the minimum and maximum is anything above that. (kind of a range).

Same with equinox.log. We require equinox.log 1.1.0 as a minimum (1.0.0 is not enough) and 1.2.0 is equally fine.

I that sense I disagree that removing the version information is the right choice.

I agree it could be more consistent i.e. riena.client should not specify 1.0.0 for any of its dependencies but rather only its own version.

Or where did you get your interpretation that version numbers are this version and only this from ? Is there any documentation that you could point me too if I am wrong here ?

thanks
christian campo