Re: [riena-dev] Method overriding problem

Hi Eugen,

yes you cannot overwrite methods, use two methods with the same name and different signatures in remote services. This problem occurs in the whole world of remote services (maybe not everywhere) but try that with any SOAP implementation of your choice for example and you have the same problem.

The problem is that if you use a protocol that has a language neutral serialization (and Hessian has implementations in c#, perl, python, objective-c) then you can now longer safely dispatch to the correct method with the right signature. So I agree it should show you an error message and I think you should file a bug if it doesnt.

But Hessian itself I believe does not allow it. It think in another project we had the same problem and at the end of the day (because Hessian did not show enough indication of the source of the problem) we simply checked the interface if there where two methods with the same name and rejected to register the whole thing as a remote service if we detected that condition. Maybe we should also do that here.....

hope that helps

christian