Re: [riena-dev] OSGI 4.2 Distributed Services

Christian Campo schrieb:
We have RFC 119 (which is the spec in 4.2. for distributed services) on our radar for quit some time now (say summer 2008). As you may now ECF is working really hard to have a working RFC 119 implementation for 3.5 although it seems that their schedule is really really tight.

While we are interested to comply to a standard now that it actually exists we havnt performed any concrete steps yet and we wont for 1.1.0 (Eclipse 3.5).

We still have our own properties for publishing services and now there is a standard it make a whole lot sense to replace them with standard way of doing it.
good to know that its on your radar :-)

How do you use Riena Remote Service ? (or anybody for that matter). Do you use the properties when you register the service and rather the API "Publish.service(...)" ? And what about the client ? Call RemoteServiceFactory ? Now with 1.1.0M5 we supply a new fluent Interface for the client "Register.remoteService(....)".

What is your prefered way of using Remote Services ?

My personal preference is to keep the fluent APIs because they are so handy and have some RFC 119 compliant way of using remote services ?
I also like fluent APIs, but much of those code is generated in my application, so it doesn't matter... ...more important is to go a RFC 119 compliant way in the future - and knowing that you're going this direction is what I wanted to hear ;-)

ekke

Any feedback is welcomed

christian