[rest-dev] Jakarta Rest 4.0 Readiness?

Hi,
The EE11 deadline for Jakarta Rest 4.0 to be ready for review (all api changes complete, all TCK changes made, and at least one CI running) is March 29th.   The expected content for this release is the following:

  • Remove JAXB dependency from Jakarta Rest - [Issue #1226](https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/1226)
  • Remove ManagedBean support from Jakarta Rest specification - [Issue #1216](https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/1216)
  • Add TCK tests for multipart/form-data API - [Issue #962](https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/962)
  • Add TCK tests for default ExceptionMapper - [Issue #1188](https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/1188)
  • Convenience method for checking header value lists - [PR #1066](https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/pull/1066 )
  • Add Required TCK for convenience method merged in PR 1066 - [Issue #1227](https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/1227)
  • Clarify JavaSE support in Section 2.3 of specification - [Issue #1127](https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/1127)

Unless I’m missing something all of these have been completed or have active PRs in the works.    This leaves the following yet to be done:

  • Implementation of the containsHeaderString() convenience feature.  Is this being actively worked for Jersey?
  • Add Required TCK for containsHeaderString() convenience feature.   I have been working this but it needs to be tested on an impl

Possible additional content:

Is there confidence that the remaining work can be completed prior to the 29th?

Back to the top