[rest-dev] Proposed exception section to the Jakarta REST Committer-Conventions

In an effort to allow for accelerated development and prototype work for the proposed release-3.2 effort I’d like to add the following section to our Committer Conventions (https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/wiki/Committer-Conventions).    Please vote and/or add suggestions.

Exception for “working branches”

Occasionally there may be a need for the community to collaborate and develop changes for the purposes of prototyping etc.   In those cases a “working branch” may be created that will be managed with the following exceptions to the conventions stated above:

(1) There will be no minimum wait time to merge / close PRs.

(2)  PRs may be merged / closed following review and approval by at least one committer (other than the submitter themself).

(3) A “working branch” will not correspond directly to any approved release plan.

(4) A “working branch” may later be associated with an approved release plan.  At that time the content of the branch itself, and all future work contributed to it will be subject to the  official Committer Conventions previously listed in this document

Back to the top