Re: [recommenders-dev] [Jayes] Any Suggestions to Solve Heap Space Problem

Hi Ekin,

Thank you for the praise :-)

Does the problem appear when you create the BayesNet or when you create the JunctionTreeAlgorithm? Are your CPTs sparse (lots of zeroes) or not?

Sadly the best way to deal with the problem is probably to change the model - for example, our models have lots of nodes, but we get away by modeling them as children instead of parents because they are conditionally independent given the "main" node.

If it's not possible to change the model, you  could try using floats instead of doubles. Refer to the Jayes blog post linked on the code recommenders homepage.

Regards, Michael