Re: [recommenders-dev] Eclipse Code Recommenders and m2e 1.5

Hi,

Am 11.11.2013 um 18:00 schrieb Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

1.) Switch to plain org.eclipse.aether (not wrapped in
org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime)

2.) Maintain two fragments contributing implementations of ModelRepository

Due to the breaking changes, I'd prefer 1.

The downside is that we would need to
find alternatives to Wagon (Aether has "aether-transport-http") and
things like MavenXpp3Reader.

What else? How much code would we have to implement ? M3 is close and we need a working version.

Finally, there's the issue of whether we are allowed to depend on a a
0.9 version of Aether when participating in the release train. (But
apparently m2e can.)

Could m2e confirm that using an incubation project is allowed, I'd be fine.
Otherwise I've to talk to the PMC. I'm only aware of this discussion [1] which is a bit different.

Marcel

Back to the top