Re: [recommenders-dev] Reworking project webpage

Hi Kavith,

great of you to volunteer!

We've done a first draft of how the webpage could be structured.
You can find it at www.eclipse.org/recommenders/new
It has its own git repository with gerrit at https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/q/status:open+project:www.eclipse.org/recommenders,n,z
There may still be some changes in Gerrit when you read this. Have a look at those.

Let's go through the pages:

Menu Bar:
  • We like the menu bar that always stays on top even when you scroll
  • We don't want the G+ button up there

Homepage:
  • A central banner with a very short description of Code Recommenders
    • A video introduction, if we can't get one made soon, a static picture instead
    • A big download button
  • 2 blocks showing/describing the two main feature areas, code completion, extended documentation
    • Clicking on them leads to the respective anchor on the documentation page
  • 3 blocks with Incubators, Community, News
    • The first two lead to the respective pages
    • the third block could display Google+ headlines, as is done on the current Code Recommenders homepage
  • All the placeholder images do not have to be images, they are here just for blocking

Getting Started Page:
  • This page is further along but needs to have a cleaner look. Currently the blocks are all of a different height

Documentation
  • Nothing here yet.
  • We want a menu as a sidebar
  • It's up to us to fill the content
  • This should also include the Incubator's documentation
Download
  • I don't know how this could be improved, yet.
Community
  • Links to various important pages
  • This could be much nicer, with twitter/G+ buttons
  • This doesn't have to be in the current list layout
Incubators
  • Similar issues like on the Getting Started page
  • Should link to the respective Documentation pages
About
  • This link needs to be there for legal reasons

None of these page layouts are set in stone. If you have an idea, let us know. You can push any changes to gerrit, so it's easy to collaborate.

Let us know what you want to do.

Thanks
Johannes

kavith Thiranga schrieb:
Hi,
I have a great experience with bootstrap.  I've done several web sites using it. I'll be able to help after next Thursday.

Thanks