Re: [recommenders-dev] Logging

Good question. We now commonly use SLF4j

private static final Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(SomeClass.class);

from org.slf4j package.

We then use LOG.debug(…) and friends to log the output. With me2 installed, the log output starting with INFO log level automatically get's appended to the Eclipse log. Debug messages should go to the console. It's not an optimal approach for logging/debugging  in Eclipse, but it works reasonable well in most cases.

RcpPlugin.logError is used only in rare cases when we need to log one or two messages in a class.

HTH
Marcel