Re: [recommenders-dev] Mangement of third party dependencies

Hi all,

> I'll give the different *.target files approach a spin over the weekend,
> building with all three profiles, and see how that goes and whether I
> get get away without having to specify qualifiers (which is annoying, I
> agree).

the result of this experiment can be found in Gerrit [1]. Important
points have been marked with inline comments.

One thing in particular that is not entirely clear to me is how the
participants of a release train like Kepler decide on a version of Orbit
dependencies to use. (I know that they release milestone builds one week
prior to Sim-Rel builds [2], but even then this leaves the question of
which version everyone is using.) Marcel, maybe you can help me out here.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/12989/>
[2]