Re: [recommenders-dev] Little planning for upcoming talks and features

Hi Pef,

I moved this discussion to the recommenders-dev mailing list since it may be of interest for others too.

I think I need some more details to get up to date with the new code.

sure!

Yes. We didn't change anything and the latest subwords code is in there.

I could not check out the latest drop of the new features (http://code-recommenders.blogspot.com/2011/08/eclipse-subwords-completion-1-here-you.html).

That's odd. http://git.eclipse.org/c/recommenders/org.eclipse.recommenders.git/ gives several URLs how to clone the repository. Could you please try again?

I read the latest discussions about bugs 350991 and 350000. What still needs hands?

I think, the most important feature we should get going is code completion for type names. One JDT guy mentioned that we should use JDT's search engine to do this. I'm not sure about the performance we'll get but we should give it a try.

Personally, I would like to see your ranking proposal in action - but this requires changes on JDT side. I'm discussing this with the JDT team leads in October in Zurich. Until they added support for this, we should pay attention to features and stability I guess.

Is there other people working on these items?

No, there is currently no-one else working on subwords. Feel invited to take lead on this subproject!

Thank you.