Re: [recommenders-dev] Stacktrace parser/detector

Just to extend Johannes' mail.

We conducted several evaluations on how well duplicate detection with various search algorithms works on the Eclipse Bugzilla dataset. We evaluated these search engines using various Apache Lucene configurations (own word splitter, different scoring etc.) as well as several classifiers.

The UI screenshots you see in the blog-post is a student prototype created during a hands-on. We have set up a preliminary server-side based on JAX-RS (Oracle Jersey) + Apache CouchDB + Apache Lucene to store and search for similar stacktraces. Metadata to represent stacktraces is also their - but is slightly different to your representation in Scala. BTW: its all written in Java.

We also have a preliminary version of a crawler for various forums to identify stacktraces in forum posts etc. This is thought to create an inital dataset to see how well this engine actually works.

Just to make a quick shot:

We need a clear vision of how the UI should look like and how users will/should use the tool. We have though of a web ui + an Eclipse ui. How about starting to design a Web UI that gives a clear intuition how people could use the web interface? I think this UI could be quite simple w/o advanced editing functionality etc.

Paulo, what's your though? Do you want to come up with a draft for a web ui? Afterwards, we should think about how we fill the data into a server side. And writing a paper would always be interesting (thats actually one of our goals too. So we could benefit both from joint work). I've several evaluation ideas already in my mind...

Best,
Marcel