Re: [platform-ui-dev] New Platform UI contribution guide

It sounds like everything you described could be resolved very easily, mostly with minor edits to the install steps on the wiki. I'll add the information about where to find the launcher. Let's not abandon the new install steps before making at least an effort to address your problems.

I'd guess that your empty workspace is due to whatever p2 error you hit during the install. Once we understand what happened to you, we can add a troubleshooting section to help people recover if they have server connection issues during the install.

If you use help > run setup tasks, does it fix itself?

You'll also get an empty workspace if you forgot to select any projects in the project selection page. Try to reselect them from import > projects from Oomph.

> No idea how to told Oompf to use a
> specific nightly build for platform.

Oomph doesn't support this right now. You can add the update site for the nightly or integration build post-install and it should update itself to that build.

Oomph uses a global p2 cache, so it's easy to experiment or fix things. If you mess up your install, delete it and rerun Oomph. The next install will get all of the plugins from the cache rather than re-downloading them. Just rerun the Oomph installer and point it somewhere else. The next run should be really fast.

There is no working oomph configuration for SWT. There are some folks working on setting it up right now, but the one there doesn't work. All the other platform projects work, though. I tested them just now.

I'll add a note to the wiki warning against selecting the SWT project.

  - Stefan