[platform-ui-dev] Instrumentation framework

The instrumentation framework looks to be fantastic for my needs. I'm studying how novice programmers use Eclipse/GILD (a novice perspective) with the goal of building a adaptive/adaptable bridge between the two. I have one quick question for now:

The reports are sent when the workbench starts, but given the set-up in computer labs I will need to generate reports when the user quits. I am wondering if there is a particular reason for sending the reports on startup. I haven't done a great deal of Eclipse programming yet, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything crucial before I jump into this.

Thanks for your help,
Suzanne

--
Suzanne Thompson