Re: [platform-ui-dev] Specifying the visibility when contributing to popupMenus

Joseph,

This is a legitimate bug.  Please file a bug report against Platform UI
with the details below.

Thanks,
Nick

Joseph Khalil <JKHALIL@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/15/2003 09:50 AM
Please respond to
platform-ui-dev

platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-ui-dev] Specifying the visibility when contributing to
popupMenus

Hi All ..
I know this is not the proper list to send my question , but i sent this
question 3 times on the newsgroup and no one answer.

I want to contribute a new sub menu with an existing pop menu using
"org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus" extension point , and i want to add a sub menu
that appears only if there is a selection in the view  (number of selected
objects >0), but the <visibility> item does not have an attribute that
specify the number of selected objects  , so i restricted the selection to
be of class java.lang.Object like this

<extension

point="org.eclipse.ui.popupMenus">

<viewerContribution

targetID="com.abc.navigation.presentation.view.id"

id="com.abc.ui.popup.NavigationView">

<visibility>

<!-- to be invisible if no object is selected -->

<objectClass

name="java.lang.Object">

</objectClass>

</visibility>

<menu

label="static"

path="additions"

id="com.abc.statical.ui.NavigationView.staticSubMenu">

</menu>

</viewerContribution>

Is there a better way to specify that i want the submenu to appear if the
number of selection >0 ??????

Best regards,
Joseph G.M. Khalil

Software Engineer
Business Integration Product Development