Re: [platform-ui-dev] Workbench editor cycling

I'm writing this view as a contribution to the org.eclipse.ui plugin (a
patch). I think it's appropriate for this view to be part of the platform,
because it is completely generic and generally useful. I believe it solves
the editor management problem.

I've been using this view for a while now and I'm at the point where I can't
live without it. With a little help from Jed (Anderson), I'll be properly
packaging the contribution as a plugin fragment next week, so it should be
much easier for everyone to "install" it and give it a try.

That you *very* much for putting the method back in! You've made my day. :)

- Jared

On Saturday 06 April 2002 09:41 am, you wrote:
> Jared,
>
> Are you writing a patch to the Workbench code or a separate plugin?
>
> I was under the impression you were making a patch, in which case you
> could just use cycleEditors as is.  In this case, it would make more sense
> for it to go in your patch rather than the current Workbench code since
> it's no longer needed by the Workbench (which is why I deleted it, and
> suggested you just copy it, to make your patch more self-contained).
>
> If you're writing a separate plugin (which is probably the better way to
> go anyway), then WorkbenchPage.getSortedEditors() cannot be used since it
> is non-API.  WorkbenchPage is an internal class. The interface
> IWorkbenchPage is the public API.
>
> However, it is unlikely we will be adding new API in this area in the 2.0
> timeframe.
> For now, I've added the method back to WorkbenchPage.  Despite it being
> internal, you can use it for now and we'll consider what API would be
> appropriate to add post 2.0.
> It may be better to add something more general, akin to Control.moveAbove
> and moveBelow in SWT, but for workbench parts.
>
> Nick

Back to the top