[platform-dev] recommended way placing the workspace relative to the location of the launcher

I want to place an Eclipse-Install + its workspace on an USB drive, of course, depending on the computer where I do plug this into the drive letter / path might change. At best I could have a Layout similar to what the eclipse-installer produces:

/eclipse
/ws

If I use the simple approach:

-Dosgi.instance.area=../ws

this is placed in the current working(!) directory but not relative to the /eclipse folder...

What I have tired so far (without success):

- @config.dir/<somepath>
- reference:<somepath>

Back to the top