Re: [platform-dev] Has the time come?

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 4:31 PM Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 4:56 PM Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe we can skip adding features completely for one or two releases and have all hands focusing entirely on the releng process.

This is what some of us have been doing for years  with the clear goal to be able to have predictable builds, shorter build times, support for newer JVMs and etc.

I know Alexander and thank you 🙏 and others for keeping all of this floating. The complexity and amount of work it takes are crazy, and people only notice it when the process fails.

But the process is not good enough.

What is bugging you the most?

TBH I am not confident we can move on as easily as people think.

That's a euphemism.

Back to the top