Re: [platform-dev] Generic Text Editor for pure E4

Hi Alexander,

I browsed the code of the "ExtensionBasedTextEditor" and for me it seemed that at the core is the ProjectionViewer which is inside a bundle which should be usable without a problem in E4. But as I'm not too familiar with this code I might have (and probably did) miss some other core parts requiring the E3 workbench (besides the whole editor hierarchy of course).

Your suggested approach is exactly what I had in mind when asking the question. I was wondering whether somebody might have already tried to create an "E4ExtensionBasedTextEditor" (or something similar / stripped down) and how much effort was spent or would be required for a POC, MVP and proper feature set.

Cheers,
Stefan