Re: [platform-dev] Impact of Windows Defender and Eclipse startup

>TL;DR - Windows Defender adds 1.5 minutes or more to Eclipse launch

Same situationin our company. Windows defender blocks not only Eclipse
startup,but also kicks in when we start a new RCP session from our
development IDE. Then I guess it is scanning the jars of the target
platform.

Interesting thing is that this does not happen all the time. Sometimes
it happens on the first Eclipse startup after a reboot, sometimes after
 hours of working. I work with multiple IDE instances at the same time,
frequently starting RCP debug sessions. From a gut feeling I would say
that scanning happens 1 out of 10 times.

And when it happens it is really annoying. Eclipse for Platform
developers takes 5 minutes to start on a modern laptop with SSD.

As our users also complain a lot about the slowliness of Eclipse I
would love if there were a way to teach windows defender that these
jars can be trusted somehow.

Christian

Back to the top