Re: [platform-dev] Question Regarding classes in Eclipse Plugins

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 9:15 AM, Shobhan Mandal <dev.shobhanmandal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a query, is it possible for a Java program which is being edited inside Eclipse to access the class files present inside the plugins which have been installed in the Eclipse where the program is being edited.

Isn't your Java program an Eclipse plugin then?

I am trying to develop a plugin which wants to access a particular class present in a different plugin, both of them being installed in Eclipse.

Make sure PDE is installed, then see in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of your plugin, there is a "Required Bundles" entry where you can list the bundles/plugins whose code you'd like to access.

Please let me know if it is possible. It would be of great help if you guide me to some references.

I think any good tutorial or book about Plugin Development in Eclipse is worth a read to get started. There are many things to learn that are better being learned together as part of a tuto/book.

Back to the top