Re: [platform-debug-dev] Extending RegistersView

The RegistersView is *not* API. If you extend it, you do so at your own
risk to implementation changes and could easily be broken in the future.

Darin Wright

"Malu Sasi" <malu.sasi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/25/2008 11:58 PM
Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."
<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[platform-debug-dev] Extending RegistersView

Hi All,
            I’m trying to create a view to display all the peripheral
register details of a processor. I tried it by writing a class that
extends AbstractDebugView. It’s working but lacks many features from
normal register view of Eclipse.
            Now my question is whether I could create a class by extending
the RegistersView. So that the resulting view carry all the features of
normal Eclipse Register View. When I tried to do so it’s showing a
warning.

“Discouraged access: The type RegistersView is not accessible due to
restriction on required library F:
\NewEclipse\eclipse-SDK-3.4M5-win32\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.debug.ui_3.3.100.v20080204.jar
“

Will there be any problem if I proceed with this?

Thanks in Advance,
Malu