Re: [platform-debug-dev] Updated debug util plugin

Thanks Mike and Curtis,
I had no idea that the build notes log was maintained in this way.  I have a couple of other questions about verification, but first I should ask if there is a wiki page somewhere describing the debug group processes?
-Pawel

Curtis Windatt wrote:

In debug, we expect that when committers verify bugs, they will add an entry to the buildnotes of the plugin (eg. buildnotes_platform-debug.html). To make it easier to do so, we provide a simple plug-in that provides actions to insert new entries. You specify a bug number and the tool will grab the required information from bugzilla and format it properly.

We (Mike Rennie and I) just updated the tool so that it matches our current format and comes with a preset key-binding (Ctrl-Alt-V for verify). We also added an update site to our website to make it easy to download and install.

To install using p2:

In Eclipse, go to Help > Software Updates
Drag the URL from this e-mail or hit the add site button
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/update
Expand the new site to find the Debug Utility
Hit install
Hit the restart button when prompted
In the perspectives you want to have the actions, go to Window > Customize Perspective and enable the Bugzilla group on the Commands tab.

To install without p2 you can follow the above steps but use the old update site manager. You can also download the plugin directly by going to http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/debug/update in your browser.

Time to start assigning bugs to Pawel to verify :)

Curtis