Re: [platform-debug-dev] How to display current instruction pointer?

You need to have a source locator, a debug model presentation, and a text editor.

When a breakpoint is hit, the source lookup service will lookup the source "element" for the selected stack frame and display that source element in an editor. The source element is resolved by the launch's source locator. The line number is provided by the stack frame. The editor is resolved by a debugger's debug model presentation - see ISourcePresentation/IDebugModelPresentation. The source element is translated into an editor id/editor input pair by the debug model presentation which are used to open an editor. If the editor opened is an ITextEditor, the debugger will add instruction pointer annotations to the editor automatically.

Darin Wright

Ömer Yildiz <Oemer.Yildiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/30/2006 03:06 AM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list."        <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-debug-dev] How to display current instruction pointer?

Hi,

I'm developing a debugger plug-in and i just can't figure it out how to
make eclipse highlight the current point of execution after a breakpoint
hit. Could anybody give me some pointers?

Thanks in advance!