[platform-debug-dev] Console View

I would like to redirect all informational messages generated by my plugin
to Debug's Console View. I was able to do it by getting the Viewer thru the
IDebugView  public interface and then get to the IDocument.    Once I got a
hold of the IDocument, I used the "replace" method to display the text to
the Console view.  Is this the proper/right thing to do for a plugin other
than JDT to display text into the Console View??  I heard that there is a
plan to promote the sharing of the debug console view with Ant, and
potentially other clients.  If such plan exists, what is the status??

-Carl

Back to the top