[platform-debug-dev] Support for specifying Environment from Launch Configurations...

Hi All,

I've created an initial design proposal for uniformly handling Environment
Variables across various functions in the CDT (C/C++ Development Tools),
such as building, running arbitrary commands, and debugging and am
wondering if this would have value for other teams.  .A user can create
named Environments that contain Environment Variables and override other
Environments (such as the default System Environment that was present when
the user started Eclipse).  Then in the various places the user simply
chooses which named Environment should be applied to the given action.
Here is the link to the document:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/cdt-core-home/designs/environment_proposal.html?cvsroot=Tools_Project

The questions are:
1.  Are other teams currently implementing something similar?
2.  Does it make sense to add some sort of support for this feature to
Launch Configurations?

I'm not very familiar with the Launch Configuration stuff, so I'm not
really sure the best way this sort of thing would be supported, if at all.
I defer to the experts ;-)

Thanks...

  Jeff Turnham
  Linux Application Development