Re: [photran] Eclipse, Photran, Intel Fortran and Mac OS X...

Intel does not provide an Intel Fortran integration with the compiler kit.  I believe Dick is referring to the Intel Fortran integration that is part of Photran.  It does not support Mac.  It only supports Linux (unless someone in the community has extended it to support Mac).

Bill

From: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Beth Tibbitts
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:02 PM
To: Photran Information
Subject: Re: [photran] Eclipse, Photran, Intel Fortran and Mac OS X...

I believe the Intel toolchain is supplied by Intel, it's not part of the PTP/Photran download.
Look in your compiler documentation, it's usually delivered as file(s) to be used as an eclipse update site.
Make sure you get an Intel compiler kit new enough to support the version of Eclipse you want (which I assume is Eclipse Juno/4.2 and CDT 8.1 - both of which are required for PTP 6.0 / Photran 8.0)
I'm not positive that Intel toolchain for CDT 8.1 exists yet.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Dick Munroe ---07/04/2012 09:24:54 AM---According to what I've read, Photran should support Intel ForDick Munroe ---07/04/2012 09:24:54 AM---According to what I've read, Photran should support Intel Fortran on Mac  OS X.  I've downloaded the

Dick Munroe <munroe@xxxxxxxxxxx>

photran@xxxxxxxxxxx,

07/04/2012 09:24 AM

[photran] Eclipse, Photran, Intel Fortran and Mac OS X...

Sent by:

photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

According to what I've read, Photran should support Intel Fortran on Mac
OS X.  I've downloaded the Photran Intel Fortran support and it appears
to have installed correctly but the Intel tool chain doesn't show up
when I try to create a Fortran project.  The IBM Fortran tool chain does
(although I don't have the IBM fortran compiler installed) as does the
Gnu Fortran tool chain (which is also not installed).

Is the Intel Fortran tool chain supported on Mac OS X?  If so, how
should I install Photran in order to get at it?

Best,

Dick Munroe