Re: [photran] Editor slow or hangs

> I'm not sure this explains why the editor is hanging though.

Indexing does happen in the background, but I mentioned it because, on
a single-core machine, even work "in the background" is noticeable.

The problem is more likely the second thing I mentioned.  There's a
point when the indexer (in a background thread) synchronizes with the
editor (in the UI thread) -- there's also a point when the reconciler
(in a different background thread) synchronizes with the editor -- and
the UI is blocked during this synchronization.  It was really bad in
5.0, but it improved in 6.0.

Jeff

Back to the top