Re: [photran] Operator overloading

Hi Julien,

I've been given source code which mainly rests on operator overloading. I read somewhere (can't remember where exactly) that Photran is able to manage this kind of code but when I try to make "Open declaration" on a specific subroutine, Photran does not find the right one (I work with Photran 6.0.5).

Unfortunately, this is one area where Photran needs some improvement.  It generally does a good job of mapping uses to declarations when they're based solely on name and scoping information.  But when the "correct" definition also depends on type information (this is the case with overloading as well as derived type components), Photran can't figure it out yet.  This has been on the agenda to fix for a few years, but for various internal reasons, it isn't near completion.

So, sorry about that... I hope some of Photran's other features make up for it.  :-)

Jeff

Back to the top