[photran] Installing Photran on Macintosh -- help needed with Path environment variable

Title: Installing Photran on Macintosh -- help needed with Path environment variable
A few months ago I successfully installed Photran to work with gfortran on a Windows PC.  Now I am moving to a Macintosh (OS X 10.5.6) and am having a problem.  I have Eclipse working with C, Photran installed and working to edit code, gfortran installed and executable BUT Eclipse/Photran is not finding gfortran.

I believe that the issue is the PATH environment variable.  I think it needs to be adjusted so that /usr/local is on the list.  Can anyone confirm or correct this and give me blow by blow instructions on (a) which file to change and (b) whether I can use the Textedit app to make the change.

Many thanks in advance.

Bernard Abramson

Back to the top