Re: [photran] request: install for quiche-eaters

>   This is way off-topic, but here goes anyway....
>
>   I was a little surprised to find the phrase "quiche eater" in Arjan's
email  > given he's apparently from the Netherlands, as that and
"chardonnay drinkers" > had some currency in Australia back in the 80s and
I'd assumed it was local.  > But it's all there in Wikipedia, and it even
has a programming connection!
> According to the article on Bruce Feirstein, "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche"
was
> on the New York Times best seller list for 53 weeks.

I had the impression that all FORTRAN-programmers were aware of the
difference between real programmers and quiche-eaters. I deliberately used
the term to refer to my experience in PASCAL-programming (with nice IDE and
integrated stuff), as opposed to FORTRAN. Sorry if I was unclear.

Arjan

Back to the top