[photran] Managed make characteristics

I gave Photran 4b3 Gfortran-ManagedMake a new try on my Linux box. I found out some characteristics:

1) If you organize modules in separate files, the filename and the module name have to be exactly the same. Take care of case sensitivity! (Reminds me to Java: Dependency of filename and class name)

2) Fortran files which need preprocessing (upper case: *.F; *.F90, etc.) will not include in the makefile. Preprocessing is not possible with managed make yet. Too bad.

Summery: Managed Make is still a nice feature for more or less simple programs for Gfortran or Ifort compilers on Linux only.

Independent of ManagedMake:

I have noticed that Photran 4b3 does not underline error lines as it did before. Gfortran error parser is active.

Hani

Back to the top