[photran] Intel Fortran 9.0.021 compiler and Photran

Anyone have any ideas on this?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Intel Fortran 9.0.021 compiler and Photran
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:26:35 +0100
From: Luud Heck <luud.heck@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Jeffrey Overbey <overbey2@xxxxxxxx>
CC: Photran <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I managed to get the Intel Fortran 9.0.021 compiler to work on my 32bit Linux machine and am trying to do some debugging with it from Photran.

This does not really work as expected and I'm not sure why.

For one thing, the source line numbers are wrong, so the line indicator while debugging is a few lines off. Also the variables do net get shown correctly or do not update when their values are changed.

Are there any tips on getting this fixed? Do I need to add specific compiler options for debugging information to the ifort compiler, or some additional options for gdb?

On a related note, you claim to support the Intel 8.x Fortran compilers. So it might be worth trying this one out. Is the following file correct for a 32 bit setup?

l_fce_pc_8.1.032.tar.gz

It is a fraction of the size of the l_fc_p_9.0.021.tar.gz file for version 9.

Thanks for your time.
Luud

P.S.
These are the compiler options I use now:

ifort -I. -I../include -o example.o -O3 -c -zero -save -g example.f

i also tried with the addtional option "-debug externded"

Back to the top