Re: [pdt-dev] Documentation request

I read the readme and the article in the documentation and found nothing about my question.  I am starting to read the documentation specific to framework, though my question is not specific to any framework.  In doing so, I noticed that two external links are broken in the article :
and

Just letting people know.

From: Dominic Mayers <dominic_mayers@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "pdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:31 PM
Subject: Documentation request

I would like to understand better the architecture of Eclipse PHP :  the interaction between Eclipse, the browser and the PHP executable.  Here is where the question started Is it necessary to define a PHP executable within Eclipse? Do we get extra features with a remote server?   Some say that we can only debug a single page at a time if we do not have a remote server.  This seems odd to me.  Can we consider that PHP is always used as if it was on a remote server, even if it is defined within Eclipse.  It would only be within Eclipse for convenience.  Similarly, Eclipse would always interact with the browser as if it was a full fledged external browser, even if it is the internal browser. Again, the internal browser would only be there for convenience.  Is there some documentation that clarifies, possibly corrects, that understanding?

Back to the top