Re: [paho-dev] When to send publish acknowledgements

Ian Craggs <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> if I understand you correctly, this is what I do in the C client.  I
> send the PUBACK or PUBCOMP (old style QoS 2) after the message handler
> callback has been invoked, and has returned a good result.

What happens if the handler runs for a very long time (in a thread?)?

What happens if it returns some kind of not good result?

Isn't the MQTT implementation still required to ack the message, even if
the client that wants it is misbehaving?  Or is there some support in
the specification that the acks are supposed to be from the program that
is using MQTT?