Re: [paho-dev] Use alternative to openssl in paho C++ libraries

mallina rajesh <mallina3344@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I working on building Mqtt client application using paho C++ libraries. I
> see paho is using openssl libraries for SSL connection. I know openssl is
> widely used for TLS communication. But i have a requirement to use other
> library instead of openssl for some security reasons. I see openssl calls
> are embedded into the paho code and to use other SSL libraries the code
> needs modification, which is not preferable solution.
> Is their any alternative solutions with paho or Could the paho libraries
> can be built using external SSL libraries instead of openssl.

It seems pretty clear that to do what you want, someone will have to
adapt the code to use a different library.  I hope the people that
imposed the requirement (which I can't even speculate if it is right or
wrong, as you have purposefully omitted details) have provided funding
for the implementaiton cost!

I think the only big question is that if you modify the code, if you
make the modifications in clean manner that allows build-time selection
of which TLS implementation, and if you publish your modifications, then
will people want to integrate that into the project?

Back to the top