Re: [paho-dev] Paho Python client v1.5.0 release

Pierre Fersing <pierre.fersing@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The Paho Python client version 1.5.0 was just released. It's available
> on PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/paho-mqtt/1.5.0
>
> For the details of changes see the changelog:
> https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.python/blob/v1.5.0/ChangeLog.txt
>
> The major addition is the support for MQTT v5! Thanks to Ian Craggs
> for this huge contribution.

I updated the "net/py-paho-mqtt" pkgsrc entry.  Minor issues:

  The Changelog content referenced above belongs in a file "NEWS" in the
  distribution tarball.  I was unable to find NEWS or the Changelog
  there.

  Running "make test" in pkgsrc invokes some python egg test thing,
  apparently correctly, which then reports that tests aren't there.  I
  realize there is some notion of some other repo, but IMHO the
  distribution tarball should have tests and it should be possible to
  run them via the standard mechanisms, by people who have zero clue
  about anything paho.  It's fine not to install them, so binary
  distributions aren't bigger, but it really seems like tests belongs
  with the sources.

Back to the top