[paho-dev] Paho Android Service for Android OS 9.0 (Pie)

Dear all,

I am using the current Paho Android Service version "org.eclipse.paho:org.eclipse.paho.android.service:1.0.2"
in my gradle.

I have declared compileSdkVersion 28 and targetSdkVersion 28 in my gradle also.

When I run the application on Android 9.0 (simulator and device) I receive the following exception:
"Bad notification for startForeground:  java.lang.RuntimeException: invalid channel for service notification:  Notification(channel=null pri=0 contentView=null vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x40 color=0x00000000 " and the application crashes.

However, if I run the same application on Android 8.1 (emulator and device), I do not receive this exception and the application connects to MQTT server properly.

Moreover, I noticed that If I have declared compileSdkVersion 26 and targetSdkVersion 26 in my gradle, the application works properly on both Android OS 81. and 9.0.

So, I was wondering if the paho version 1.0.2 is compatible with Android OS 9.0.

Regards,
Kostas

Back to the top