Re: [paho-dev] Contributing and coding standards?

Hi Daniel,

that's great news!  I'm just about to start looking at the embedded C project again, with the immediate goal of finished off the MQTT V5 support.  I'd also like to complete the threaded async version that I intended to write years ago.  (And proper example integration with at least one TLS library).

I can write up the coding standards I've followed.  What's wrong with tabs = 2 spaces? :-)  If we did use tabs, then you could set the indent to whatever you like when you look at it :-)

For each item you want to address, perhaps the best way to discuss is to open an issue, describe the problem and your plan, and then we, and any other interested party can add their comments.

One observation I have, is that I intended the project to be easily portable across operating systems and environments.  The risk of concentrating on one OS is that portability is lost, or hidden away.  I'd just like to be sure that isn't lost.

Ian