Re: [paho-dev] MQTT C++ Client options

Answers inline...

On 10/05/2018 06:37 AM, Kumar, Pankaj wrote:

  • Can we use it for commercial purpose ?

Yes. The terms of the license are listed on the GitHub page.
https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.cpp

  • Does this library have any third party library dependency ?

It is a wrapper around the Paho C library.
https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.c

That library is also required.

  • If we run into issues in future (e.g., memory corruption within the library), do we get stuck waiting for the community to fix the issue? Is there is a commercial support available?

I'm the author, running a software consulting company, and available for hire. If there is any support that you require with particular time constraints, you can contact me directly at this e-mail address.

  • Currently, it supports MQTT 3.1.1, what is the roadmap for supporting MQTT 5.0 ?

MQTT 5.0 and WebSocket support should be complete by the end of the year.

  • Where can I find the list of outstanding issue, if there are any ?

On the GitHub page, under "Issues":
https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.cpp/issues

Frank Pagliughi
SoRo Systems, Inc