Re: [paho-dev] MQTT Version 5.0 Progress

Hi Benjamin,

possibly.  In one sense yes, in another I'm not so sure.  I envisaged it as more of a start it when you want, and then stop it broker.  It's written in Python (3) so it's easy to run and for preliminary testing, such as packet formatting, you'll want to see the log output.   It's not been battle hardened in an internet facing situation, so I don't know how long it would last or whether it might start consuming CPU in some situations.

For simple scenarios it would certainly work, but perhaps better running in an isolated environment for now.

Ian