Re: [paho-dev] Paho MQTT Client for Ruby

Yuichiro Shibata, (and Nick Humfrey),

we are very interested in having an MQTT client library in Ruby as part of the Eclipse Paho project, of course.  In fact, we had a discussion with Nick a couple of years back about having Nick contribute his, but at the time we weren't using Github as the code repository, and this was a significant hurdle for Nick.

The process for contributions at Eclipse is quite strict, because the intent is to make the software safe for all consumers, whether private or commercial, free from any copyright or patent issues (see http://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2014/july/article4.php for an introduction).

Assuming the contribution process is successful, we would also prefer to have someone join Paho as the committer responsible for the Ruby client, as everyone has their plate full already.

Ian